Seminole Circuit Judge
NANCY F. ALLEY
• University of Mississippi – B.A. 1974
• Villanova School of Law – J.D. 1983
• Admitted to the Florida Bar, 1983
• Admitted to the Middle District of Florida, 1983
• Admitted to the Mississippi Bar, 1988
• Admitted to the Southern District of Mississippi, 1988
• Admitted to the District of Columbia, 1991-1995
• Court of Claims, 1985
• General Master 2/1987 – 6/1988
• Internal Revenue Service – Office of the Chief Counsel 1991-1994
• US Department of Agriculture – Office of the General Counsel 1988- 1991
• Mississippi Department of Welfare – 1988
• Private Practice 1983 – 1988 1994 – 1997
• Adjunct Professor, Barry University, School of Law – 2002 – Present
• Elected Circuit Judge 18th Judicial Circuit of Florida, 1997, Re-elected 2002
• Served in probate, family, juvenile, civil and criminal divisions
• Served as Administrative Judge in the probate, juvenile, family, and civil divisions
• Served as Staff Attorney Coordinator – 1999
• Instructor for Circuit Judges Conference – 2002-2008
SEMINOLE CIRCUIT JUDGE
ALAN A. DICKEY
* Ransom – Everglades School, Coconut Grove, Florida – 1961
* Stetson University, Deland, Florida – B.A. – 1965
* University of Florida College of Law – J.D. – 1968
* Admitted to the Florida Bar – 1968
* Practiced law in Deland, Florida – 1968 to 1971
* Practiced law in Sanford, Florida – 1971 to 1976
* Assistant State Attorney, 18th Judicial Circuit, 1971
* Assistant Public Defender, 18th Judicial Circuit, 1973
* Chief Judge 2011 – present
* Administrative Judge 2009-2011
* Elected County Judge, 18th Judicial Circuit of Florida, 1976
* re-elected without opposition 1980, 1984 and 1988
* Elected Circuit Judge, 18th Judicial Circuit of Florida, 1991 to present
* Administrative Judge of Seminole County Court, 1978 to 1980
* Supervising Judge Seminole County Probation Department, 1988 to 1991
* Administrative Judge, Criminal Division, 1993 to 1996
* Jury Management Judge, 1991 to 1996
* Member Florida Conference of County court Judges and past member Board of Directors
Seminole Circuit Judge
DEBRA S. NELSON
* University of South Florida – B.A. Psychology 1975
* South Texas College of Law – J.D. 1979
* Admitted to the Florida Bar, 1979
* Admitted to the Texas Bar, 1979
* Admitted to the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1981
* Admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, 1981
* Admitted to the U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1985
* Admitted to the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 1985
* January 1980 – July1983
Broward County State Attorney’s Office, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Chief Prosecutor Misdemeanor, Hollywood Court, Felony Prosecutor.
* July 1983 – March 1986
Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Staff Counsel, Tallahassee.
Represented the Department in all personnel legal matters, employment discrimination, labor disputes, administrative law and civil litigation.
Appeared before federal and state courts and administrative hearing officers.
Registered lobbyist for the Department. Legal advisor on Cabinet issues.
* March 1986 – August 1992
Borroughs, Grimm, Bennett & Griffin, P.A., Orlando, FL. Commercial litigation practice. Partner September, 1988 – August 1992. Head of litigation department, December 1989 – August 1992.
* August 1992 – June 1999 Debra Steinberg Nelson, P.A., Orlando, FL. Litigation practice including: contract disputes, mortgage foreclosures, corporate disputes, family law (dissolution of marriage, custody, paternity), probate litigation fraud, unfair and deceptive trade practices, employment disputes, employment discrimination, real property disputes, aviation litigation, construction defects, mechanics liens, constitutional law claims, adversary proceedings in bankruptcy, administrative proceedings, class action lawsuit, and appellate matters.
* Arbitrator for the United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1992-1999.
* Appointed Circuit Judge 18th Judicial Circuit of Florida, by Governor Jeb Bush May 1999.
* Elected Circuit Judge 18th Judicial Circuit of Florida, September 2000 with 72% approval rate of the voters in Seminole and Brevard Counties,
* Juvenile Delinquency Division, June 1999 – July 2000
* Civil, Family and Probate Division, July 2000 – June 2002; July 2004 – June 2007
* Felony Division, July 2002 – June 2004; July 2007 – present
* Administrative Judge in the Juvenile Division, Seminole County, November 1999-June 2000.
* Administrative Judge for Seminole County, July 2000 – July 2001
* Administrative Judge in the Family Division, Seminole County, July 2000 – June 2001
* Administrative Judge in the Probate and Guardianship Division, Seminole County, July 2001 – June 2002
* Administrative Judge for Appeals, Seminole County, July 1999 – June 2007
* Administrative Judge Professionalism Committee, July 2009 – present
* Acting Chief Judge, Seminole & Brevard Counties, July 2003- June 2005
* Preside over Seminole County Adult Drug Court, October 2002 – March 2005
* Served on Florida Supreme Court Pro Se Committee
* Served on 18th Judicial Circuit Conflicts Committee
* Served on Family Court Steering Committee Summit on Redefining Florida’s Family Courts
* Serve on Seminole County Court Operations Committee, June 2009 – present
* Serve on Trial Court Budget Commission – December 2010 – present