Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead of an apparent drug overdose — in the bathroom with a hypodermic needle still in his arm — inside a Greenwich Village home on Sunday morning, cops said.
A personal assistant found Hoffman’s body in the apartment at 35 Bethune St. and called 911 around 11:30 a.m, sources said.
Heroin was found in the pad, law-enforcement sources said.
The star was fully clothed when found.
Cops are at the scene and are investigating, sources said.
Last month, Hoffman, 46, appeared out of it at the Sundance Film Festival at a party for his movie “God’s Pocket,” witnesses told The Post.
He seemed “slightly disheveled and pasty” and initially declined interviews while his co-stars, Christina Hendricks and John Slattery, talked to the media, witnesses said.
A rep said at the time, “He needed a minute and didn’t feel like coming down yet.”
Later, Hoffman seemed more relaxed and agreed to do some interviews but would only talk about the movie. He was later spotted at another party chatting to actor Sam Rockwell.