Casey Anthony, during her murder trial in 2011 (AP photo)
ORLANDO — Suspected child killer Casey Anthony was finally deposed in the defamation lawsuit that Kissimmee homemaker Zenaida Gonzalez filed against Anthony after Anthony claimed someone with the same name was responsible for the disappearance and death of her two-year-old daughter.
Zenaida Gonzalez (AP photo)
It’s another Gossip Extra exclusive: Anthony‘s lawyers lost an attempt to block Anthony’s deposition last month, and Anthony’s day-long grilling, under oath, took place Dec. 6 near Orlando.
“The lawyers on both sides agreed to keep it all very quiet,” said one source familiar with the civil case filed in an Orange County court. “Nobody wanted to make this another media circus like her (Anthony) appearance in bankruptcy court (earlier this year) in Tampa. The judge was in on it, too, and decided to not enter anything about a deposition in the docket.”
In the deposition, I’m told Anthony was asked by Gonzalez’ lawyers about the disappearance of little Caylee Anthony in June 2008, but she did not admit to killing the child or doing anything wrong.
Anthony shockingly was cleared of murder charges during a jury trial in July 2011. She’s been in hiding since but occasionally surfaces in the Treasure Coast and Palm Beach County.
Gonzalez is claiming that Anthony ruined her reputation when she told her family that a babysitter from Kissimmee named Gonzalez kidnapped the child. The plaintiff was harassed and threatened by members of the public when her name was first released.
During her criminal trial Jose Baez, Anthony’s lawyer, admitted that Anthony concocted the babysitter story and pulled a name out of thin air to hide the fact that Caylee drowned in the family pool.
Neither Matt Morgan nor John Morgan, Gonzalez’ lawyers, nor Anthony’s returned calls for comment about the recent deposition.